Tools & Resources
Tools & Resources
- Catholic Health Strategy Webinar—Integrating Services for Seniors- Parish Based Programs – May 31, 2011 (CD). Building on the conversations started at CHA’s 2010 Catholic Health Strategy Summit, this webinar explores how faith-based health care providers, throughout the continuum of care, can, better integrate care of older and chronically ill persons through community-based programs.
- Health Equity Research Toolkit for State Practitioners Addressing Obesity Disparities: CDC’s toolkit aimed at increasing the capacity of state health departments and their partners to work with and through communities to implement effective responses to obesity in populations that are facing health disparities.
- Henry Ford Health System Wellness Resource Guide: A guide for community members and leaders on preventative services and wellness resources throughout their health system.
- The HHS Action Plan to Reduce Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities: Outlines goals and actions HHS will take to reduce health disparities among racial and ethnic minorities.
- Let’s Move! National website: Resources, ideas and guidance for community leaders addressing the health and wellness of their communities.
- National Health Institute’s We Can!: Curricula for youth and family gatherings and after-school programs with a nutritional and physical activity focus.
- National Prevention Strategy: The National Prevention, Health Promotion, and Public Health Council’s strategy on improving health and wellness in the US.
- Dual Eligible Demonstration Projects: Top Ten Priorities for Consumer Advocates, March 2012 issue brief for advocates supporting the integration of care for low income seniors and people with disabilities who are eligible for Medicaid and Medicare, prepared by Community Catalyst, a national non-profit advocacy organization, www.communitycatalyst.org.
- Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH) Detroit Partnership: Improving Diabetes-Related Outcomes Among African American and Latino Adults, an American Journal of Public Health article describing a culturally tailored diabetes lifestyle intervention delivered by trained community residents which produced significant health improvements.
- Peer Education in HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment Programs, Miriam Rabkin, International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs, on the transfer of knowledge and skills that occurs when members of a social group are trained to provide education and support to others.