Investing in Health and Well-Being: Reimagining Opportunity and Accountability
@ the NY Fed, May 31, 2023
with Tyler Norris, Don Berwick, Patty Gabow, and others
REGISTER HERE for the virtual event
Please join me, Don Berwick MD, Patty Gabow MD, and a brilliant group of health care, philanthropy, and community leaders — for a conversation of significance on health system accountability for outcomes and investing for equitable well-being across generations.
On Wednesday, May 31, 2023 (1:00-3:30 ET), the Federal Reserve Bank of New York will hold a hybrid event on how health systems can partner with the financial sector, community-based organizations, and government to measurably improve intergenerational health. The program, which will highlight investments that improve well-being from birth to adulthood, will be of interest to leaders from health care, banking and community development finance, public health, community-based organizations, and those working for equity.
REGISTER HERE for the virtual event, or to be with us in New York City at the Fed (limited space): Investing in Health and Well-Being: Reimagining Opportunity and Accountability – FEDERAL RESERVE BANK of NEW YORK (newyorkfed.org)
- Don Berwick, MD will be my opening interview, addressing the themes of his January ’23 JAMA article Salve Lucrum: The Existential Threat of Greed in US Healthcare and the health sector leadership we need.
- Patricia Gabow, MD, 20-year CEO of Denver Health (retired) and Board Chair of the Lown Institute, will address what excellence in health system leadership can be, and whether non-profit health systems are earning their tax breaks.
We’ll then engage a panel of healthcare, philanthropy, and civic leaders to understand the importance of investing in early childhood and across the life course—and look at exemplary place-based health care anchor institution + community development partnerships.
- Leslie R. Walker-Harding M.D,. Chair Department of Pediatrics, Seattle Childrens Hospital, and Co-Chair, NASEM Forum for Children’s Well-Being
- Jason Q. Purnell, President, James S. McDonnell Foundation and NASEM Population Health Roundtable
- Suzanne McCormick, President and CEO, YMCA of the USA
- Pablo Bravo Vial, Community Health Advocate
You can join us via WEBEX, or to join me and the panelists in NYC at the Federal Reserve Bank for conversation and a reception: Investing in Health and Well-Being: Reimagining Opportunity and Accountability – FEDERAL RESERVE BANK of NEW YORK (newyorkfed.org)
Tyler Norris, MDiv